Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Irmo erased a six-point fourth quarter deficit to rally and knock off Keenan in the first game of the American Bracket Monday Night. The Yellow Jackets trialed 50-44 to start the fourth quarter after Keenan’s Chrisean Oree drained a three-pointer at the third quarter buzzer. But after that, it was all Irmo. Juice Kiett, Devin Binyard, Brandon Crawford and Dylan Williams were instrumental in the comeback. Irmo opened the fourth quarter on a 15-2 run. The Yellow Jackets outscored the Raiders 24-7 in the final eight minutes. It was back-and-forth for the opening three quarters between two of the winningest coaches in South Carolina state history, Tim Whipple of Irmo and Zach Norris of Keenan. There were nine times and seven lead changes until the Yellow Jackets went on the huge fourth quarter run. Norris has won seven state titles during his tenure. Whipple recently earned his 800th career win, just the second coach in state history to reach that mark. Whipple has won five state championships. Kiett finished with eight assists, eight rebounds and seven points. Binyard had 15 points and seven rebounds. Crawford had 16 points and five blocks with Williams taking high-scorer honors with 18 points and seven assists. Oree came off the bench to score 15 points for Keenan (6-6). Olyn Knox added 14 points and 11 rebounds with Marquece Williams chipping in with 13 points and Semajeh Echols adding 11 points and eight rebounds.
- John Marshall (Va.) captures first Chick-fil-A Classic bracket championship
- Huge second half carries Huntington Prep (WV) to National bracket championship
- The Rock School (Fla.) wins Sunshine State battle for third-place finish
- Columbus (FL) routes Keenan (SC) to claim third place in American bracket
- Fourth-quarter run helps Southern California Academy to fifth-place finish